There are some mundane things in life you simply can’t eliminate. But you can simplify them…and when you do that, you have more time for what matters most.
So today, I want to share 10 podcast episodes that I’ve found super helpful as I’ve created and updated my routines.
Once you’ve targeted the routines that you want to build or revamp, check out How a Planner Helps You Stick with Your Routines. This post will shows how make your Abide & Focus Planner routine planning tools work for you.
THE LAZY GENIUS
Kendra Adachi is the Queen Mother of smart routines. Her podcast and new book are the ultimate resource for showing you “how to be a genius about what matters, and lazy about the things that don’t.
I highly encourage you to check out the full library of Lazy Genius episodes. For now, here are some of my favorites about routines:
- #76: The Lazy Genius Meal Plan
- #123: The Lazy Genius After School Routine
- #172: Resurrecting Routines (perfect for rebuilding routines and working on your mindset after a crazy 2020)
ROUTINE AND THINGS
I learned about Ashley Brown’s podcast after meeting her virtually in a professional group. Routine & Things is a true gem for people wanting to start new routines and make those routines work for them. Here are some episodes that have been a huge help to me:
- #2: How to Make Your Routines Feel Good (this is hands-down my favorite episode ever on how to choose and stick with a routine)
- #33 How to Use Habit Stacking to Adjust to a New Routine
- #38 When to Revamp Your Routine
OTHER GREAT PODCASTS AND A BLOG POST
- #94: Using Routines to Limit Distractions and Increase Productivity from Productivity Paradox Podcast with Tonya Dalton (now Intentional Advantage Podcast)
- #13: My Morning Routine from Work and Play with Nancy Ray podcast
- #177: How to Stop “Routine-ing” your Life Away from The Mother Like a Boss Podcast with Kendra Hennessy
- My Morning Routine (and How Kids Ruin Them) from Mika Perry’s blog. This is not a podcast, but it’s still a great reminder that you can maintain a non-perfect routine.